Visual Essay Notes!

18:27 0 Comments

1. Character talks to the camera about what the essay is about
2. Three doors- each door is a different environment (Moving Image, Interactive and Virtual Environments)
3. The character walk through each door, the first door being the one I dislike the most. I.e. The environment being the most disliked designed to be gloomy and dull, with dead end signs. Moving Image is the one I dislike to most, therefore I will show this will maybe a film set, camera and etc. I will also have the character talking.
4. For the third door i.e. Virtual Environments, I will show this by using bright colours and different paths (no dead ends), which take you to my chosen practitioners, inspiration and my own work. 
5. The character moves with the camera throughout. I will use facial expressions and body language with the character to show its emotions. Also I will use dull and happy music to enhance to mood of the character. I.e. the character being me.
6. If it is possible I would like to edit some YouTube clips from professionals talking about the industry and etc of my chosen pathway.
7. After the character has took the audience through the different paths in my chosen pathway, it then finishes with a stop motion, indicating why I have chosen this certain pathway.
8. Stop motion - drawings/crafts (Example for inspiration below)
9. Credits- references

10. Programs- 3D studio max, Photoshop and possibly Flash

http://vimeo.com/21259793 - Inspiration for the stop motion

To do 
Plan what the character is going to say
Plan any text or titles for the essay
Choose music for the background
Continue making the essay
Stop motion

To think about
Target audience
Terminology
Techniques
Get feedback
What areas inside the pathway am I interested in most?
How to render altogether
Inspiring individuals

Practitioners
John Constable
Walter Crane
Kidrobot- individual designers?
Andrea Joesph
Pixar- individual designers?

MORE TO ADD...

Alyssa

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments :