Massive change of plan!

10:00 0 Comments

So my original plan for 'The Chess Player' project was for the robot's right arm to detach from its body and jump around the chess board to play itself.

Personally, I think my robot and the idea for the animation won't work as well as I'd like it to. First of all both of my robot's arms will not reach to the other side of the chess board and I think I'd create a better piece of animation with robotic arms defeating itself rather than a full robot. This project is based on our animation skills rather than modelling so I think it would benefit me.

However I do not regret creating my robot in any way what so ever, it was fun and I have learnt hell of a lot about modelling and rigging.

Therefore, I have designed a brand new robot arm which I am going to model and rig tonight so I can get started on the animating tomorrow. Below is a quick screenshot of what I have done so far and I am not leaving uni until it is done - dum dum durrr! I will blog my completed robot arm tonight.....

Alyssa

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments :