How to cheat in Maya 2012.

11:30 0 Comments

The first section of the book introduces you to the Animation Principles. Yesterday I started working through Squash and Stretch, Anticipation and Overlapping Action. I downloaded the project files to learn these specific techniques. However, I found that I need to know some more about the graph editor in Maya to be able to work through these techniques easily. Although I understood the basics of the graph editor yesterday I am still a bit hasty and would prefer to learn more before moving on.

The graph editor is a great way to manipulate a characters thought. It also shows how timing and spacing can make a significant difference to your animations.

Therefore for the rest of  today and tonight I will be working through the Graph Editor section of the book to grasp a better understanding. My main focus is to be able to understand everything in the book before I head back to Uni so I can use them clearly without thinking 'what the **** does this do?' or 'why is he/she/it doing this!?' - along with going insane!

Below is what I tackled yesterday....


How to cheat in Maya 2012 from Alyssa Brookes on Vimeo.

Alyssa

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments :