Happy New Year!

07:34 0 Comments

2012 is going to be a good one for me! I've decided my new years resolution is to draw more and get better at it. When I start back at uni, I'm going to join the life drawing sessions which will help me a lot.
I'm also going to try as much as possible enter into the 11 second club's animations every month. Although... since I'm not very experienced in animation as I'd like to be, I have started animating with free rigs online. I really really really want to be a character animator!

Last night I watched Pixar: 25 Magic Moments on BBC3, which was similar to the documentary: Pixar's Story which I watched a few years ago. They both really inspire to work harder to get where I want to be.
When they were talking about the animators who work at Pixar, they mentioned that they have one animator working on only 2 to 4 minutes of the entire film. Which I thought was crazy, but amazing!

Bobby Podesta (Supervising Animator at Pixar) mentioned " A good animated film looks like one person animated everything but a great animated film looks like nobody animated at all."

I thought this quote was interesting to think about. Meaning, a great animation looks like it has been filmed by actors because the animation is that good.

I also enjoyed how parts of what happens in the featured films reflect on something that has happened in the directors or animators life. They also add the code A113 somewhere in all of the featured films, as this was the room where it all began at California Institute of the Arts.













I keep thinking and thinking about my next animation project at University. We have to create a Silent Comedy character animation. Where the character has to apparently think, decide, pick something up, drop something, walk, climb, trip, slip, and fall. So lately I keep thinking what my animation could be based on to make the audience laugh.

I watched a short animation recently, where I thought of a similar ideas for the character to walk across a busy road by dodging the cars driving past and then when the character reaches to the other side, he gets knocked over by something like a cyclist. However, I thought this might be a bit of a challenge and I need to make sure the animation is good because this is purely based on the quality of the animation.

I keep thinking of other ideas that I could possibly use, but nothing has been a favourite so far.

Alyssa

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments :