External Client Project

03:03 0 Comments

For the External Client Project I have been given a brief from a Motion Graphics company named Boxframe. I worked with these guys over summer 2012, where I developed my skills in compositing, modelling and I also did a bit a admin. One of their main clients that stood out to me was Disney. I helped work on some compositing for Epic Mickey Two, Disney Superbia and modelling for Frankenweenie. The studio was such a comforting environment to work in and I met some cool people.

The brief I have been commissioned to take on is to promote the new Disney 'Shake it up, Made in Japan' in Disney's Superbia. For this I will need to stick to their style, designs, and use the specific logos and assets. The ad will be 25 seconds long and targeted to children aged 6 to 14. There will be no text shown, as it will be all audio/voice overs.

For developing my own skills throughout this project, I will design to the characters in Disney's 'Shake it up' and model two characters for the voice over in 3ds max. This will enable me to work on my modelling, rigging and animating skills. I may also model some of the objects in 3D. Although I have to stick to their specific style, I have decided to make the ad have more movement with the characters and certain objects.

I have put together a mood board to show the type of style it will need to be...






Alyssa

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments :